Hermann is sleeping and wont come out unless i wake him up

16rash

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cleveland, Ohio
HI All,

am lil concerned about my 5 yrs old Hermann tortoise. past few days his routine has changed.he is not coming out of the hide for days unless i take him out.its been 2 days now and he hasn't come out..2 days ago, i took him out,soaked him for 20 minutes and he was quite active for 3-4 hours,eaten well and again went in the hide and since then hasn't come out
icon_e_sad.gif

food is always fresh weed(70% Plantain with mix of dandelion,dead nettle,clover,sweet violet, thistle ).I try to soak him 2 times a week for 20 minutes.always have water bowl in enclosure and spray substrate with water to avoid drying. have humidifier running during daytime.

Basking temp is 37C and cooler end is around 15C. Outside temperature is quite good in US these days..it is around 28C..

i dont know any good reptile vet in the columbus. Please help
icon_e_sad.gif

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
15C sounds a little cold, thats about 59F. I dont know temps for Hermann tortoises though. 15C just sounds cold. If its 28C outside, why dont you have him outside instead? and bring him inside at night if its too cold?
and did you mean UK? or US?

16rash

5 Year Member
Cleveland, Ohio
I am in USA, ohio state. Dont have yard in my current home but i will moving soon to new place with some open place.