Here to introduce...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kage

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana, USA
Hi My name is Kage, I'm 19 and have just recently bought my first tortoise. I named him Mr. Turtle as a joke from a show but would like to figure out a new name soon :) Mr. Turtle is about 2 inches and I was told by the vet that he is about a year old. He is very calm and doesn't mind being handled. Since this is my first tortoise I am not exactly sure if I'm doing everything I'm should be doing for him. I have been going off what the vet has said and things Ive read on the forum and things seem to be going well so far. I want him to live a long, happy, and healthy life so any tips and suggestions are welcome and encouraged.

Attachments

• 559070_432659936782228_1609316405_n.jpg
    559070_432659936782228_1609316405_n.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 41

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kage, and welcome to the Forum!

Be sure to keep Mr. Turtle in a moist/humid environment to help his shell grow smoothly.

Kage

5 Year Member
Indiana, USA
emysemys said:
Hi Kage, and welcome to the Forum!

Be sure to keep Mr. Turtle in a moist/humid environment to help his shell grow smoothly.

I have been, I soak him twice a day in warm water for about 20 minutes and mist him every so often, plus he has a "lagoon" that he gets into and drinks from. :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome! You will find all sorts of info on the home page or under the sulcata section of the forum for your new guy.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Kage said:
Mr. Turtle is about 2 inches and I was told by the vet that he is about a year old.

Hello and Welcome! Congrats on being a new tortoise owner.

How did you acquire your sulcata?

I believe a sullie is 2inches when it hatches.. so I was thrown for a loop when I read the vet guessed it to be 1 year old.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome. Below my signature are a few threads that are very helpful for raising sulcatas. I recommend reading them.

Status
Not open for further replies.