Help!! (Russian doesn't move)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peanut

5 Year Member
Hi guys my Russian tortoise seems to be very motionless,he's been in the same place all day and seems to be only able to open one eye..he's had plenty of basking time and baths..he just doesn't seem to want to move at all and when he does its like he doesn't have any strength and can only move a few inch..help!any suggestions would be welcomed

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: Help!!

While I sympathise with your plight, I must admit, none of us here are mind readers. What can you expect of us when we have no information on which to base our opinions? Give us something to go on.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: Help!!

We need to know how you are keeping him . A picture of enclosure. The temperatures,and food you are given the tort. How long his been this way . How long you've had him . Where did you get . Have you had him checked for parasites .Have you been soaking him in warm water every day ? Do you have water in the enclosure?

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Just about anything could be wrong with him. Since you've told us he has been getting basking time and soaks, you need to tell us more. My first guess (mind you, without much information) is that the temps are not right for him. Torts are very sensitive to temps, and if it's too cold, they will not eat or move much. Is there air conditioning where he is? As some asked, we need to get readings and environment info.

peanut said:
Hi guys my Russian tortoise seems to be very motionless,he's been in the same place all day and seems to be only able to open one eye..he's had plenty of basking time and baths..he just doesn't seem to want to move at all and when he does its like he doesn't have any strength and can only move a few inch..help!any suggestions would be welcomed

peanut

5 Year Member
Inside his enclosure it is 20c,under his lamp it is 35c..we are feeding him safe edible weeds,mainly dandelions when he eats that is..we got him from a breeders in hull (the tortoise shop). He soaks for 20 mins every day in warm water..he has a substrate of mainly top soil and play sand..we have had him 3 week and up until now he's been lively..he mainly sleeps in the little house in the enclosure but we have to wake him up and put him under the lamp each day as otherwise he wouldn't move ImageUploadedByTortForum1376423993.004050.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1376423961.854689.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1376423961.854689.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.