Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

reece697

5 Year Member
hi there need to use youre knoledge. i have owned a female spur thighed for four years she is now four and a half years old and today i introduced a male of roughly ten years of age but she keeps biting his legs and mounting him and now wont come out of his shell HELP PLEASE

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi reece697:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

I don't know much about Greek tortoises, so I'll defer to my more knowledgeable forum members.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
You may want to make sure that your female that is 4 1/2 inches is actually indeed a female and not a male.... :D

reece697

5 Year Member
4 and a half years old sorry and im pretty sure its female the tail is short and the bottom of the shell is not concave the tortoise that i suspect to be female i will try and post a pic up and see what you think

reece697

5 Year Member
pics attached

Attachments

• SDC10636.JPG
    SDC10636.JPG
    826.8 KB · Views: 28
  • SDC10637.JPG
    SDC10637.JPG
    539.4 KB · Views: 24
  • SDC10638.JPG
    SDC10638.JPG
    528.6 KB · Views: 15

reece697

5 Year Member
i also forgot to add i have removed the male from the viv would u say this is a good move or bad move

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
It is difficult to tell by the plastron photo because the debris on the tortoise, but based on the tail shape and thickness, what appears to be a "keyhole" shaped cloacal opening and the body shape of the tortoise you may have a male there. Is the plastron (bottom shell) flat or more concave toward the center?

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
it seems like "she" is really a male. are you sure the male you introduced is a male?

reece697

5 Year Member
the introduced tort is 100 percent male took the suspected female to my local reptile shop today and he also says female the plastron is only slightly concaved and small tail not the smallest i have seen but nether the less shorter than any males i have seen thanks for youre help here guys its a real headbanger if i took the tort to the vets could they give a 100 percent result

Status
Not open for further replies.