HELP PLEASE! What kind of tortoise is this?? (pictures included)

Alice004

2eav5o9.jpg
ej6a7b.jpg

Hello everybody!
Can you please tell me what species of tortoise this is? Which bedding should I use? And what's it's diet? Also winter's almost here, does it go into hibernation? And if so how do I prepare it for it?
Please help! Thank you!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I too think it's a hermanni tortoise. You should not hibernate (brumate) it this year if you haven't had it for a year. You won't know if there is any reasons or problems that it shouldn't hibernate. Coconut coir, orchard bark or plain dirt are all good for substrate. Others can help,you more on diet, temps and humidity.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
@Tom should be able to tell you what kind of tortoise. And how to take care of it, sorry I'm not very good at ID'ing tortoise species.You shouldn't let them hibernate when you first get them, maybe think about it next year.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Welcome to the forum! Very sorry, I cannnot tell you what species your tort is...I haven't got enough experience with this wonderful animals. Take care of your cute tort...it's gorgeous, GOD bless.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Let's ask @HermanniChris He's very knowledgeable and will know for sure what kind of tortoise you have. Some of those don't hibernate, and if he's new-to-you it's not a good idea to allow hibernation anyway.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
100% without a single doubt it's a Greek tortoise. But, I need clearer photos to see what subspecies.