HELP!? Is he sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I could be wrong, but I think I saw a little of the inside of his mouth, and it doesn't look normal. It looks like there could be something wrong with his mouth/tongue. If so, there is a virus that causes mouth rot. I'll do some more research on it and get back to you unless someone chimes in and give you the details before I get back to you. One of the best ways to check for that is to wait until he yawns and opens his mouth wide, usually the first thing in the morning as you're giving him is soak. If you don't have the time to wait until he yawns, then get him to a tort vet and tell him your concerns.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
sibi said:
I could be wrong, but I think I saw a little of the inside of his mouth, and it doesn't look normal. It looks like there could be something wrong with his mouth/tongue. If so, there is a virus that causes mouth rot. I'll do some more research on it and get back to you unless someone chimes in and give you the details before I get back to you. One of the best ways to check for that is to wait until he yawns and opens his mouth wide, usually the first thing in the morning as you're giving him is soak. If you don't have the time to wait until he yawns, then get him to a tort vet and tell him your concerns.

The vet did a culture on him... He has pseudomonas. But i willl look up mouth rot.

LuckysGirl007 said:
Yea, Gunther!!! I just LOVE him!!!

Thanks!

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Finally was able to speak with the vet. She does not want to put Gunther on meds yet. Only of he starts to get worse. She said to continue with what im doing. He is eating and doing what he should be doing. He has only been gaining weoght. I am to keep him seperated from Tank and Olly for another 3-6 months. Which means i need to get him out of his 20gal tank and into another! Since he will be there a while. I have a 55gal i can set up for him. Just gotta find somewhere to put it!

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Gunther is doing great! Notice his mouth is healing? He is eating and gaining weight everyday! Here are some pics from today.
20121210_121057-1.jpg
20121210_121051-1.jpg
20121210_121038-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
ottosmom18 said:
He is just soooo cute! I love the coloration.

Thanks! He is so sweet. With his sickness and all the extra care he has needed i have really grown attached to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.