HELP! Baby tortoise dying

Ceilidh

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa
Hello! I live on a farm in South Africa and found a baby tortoise on its back two days ago. When I had a closer look there were two large ticks on each hind leg and one drew a substantial amount of blood. I removed the ticks immediately and I am trying to nurse the tortoise back to health, but the tortoise hasn’t eaten since I found it. What should I do? Please see the attached image of the little guy.

BFC76980-28C1-41FE-B89D-4804E2DD68BD.jpegD8EA5BF2-BA1A-4542-8191-F0BD9C443C36.jpeg

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Wild animals should be left where found. Flipping it over and removing parasites is fine but you should not move them far from their range. It may not be eating because it doesnt normally eat what you offered or because it is stressed. Please take it back to where you found it and let it go.

Ceilidh

South Africa
Wild animals should be left where found. Flipping it over and removing parasites is fine but you should not move them far from their range. It may not be eating because it doesnt normally eat what you offered or because it is stressed. Please take it back to where you found it and let it go.
Thank you for your help. I put the little guy outside yesterday morning.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Maybe give it a soak in a shallow tray of luke warm water to make sure it's hydrated before you let it go?