Hello

LeoTotti

Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
Hi friends ,
I have got myself a pair of RES few days ago.Hope can learn more about how to take care my new pet from you all.Thanks :)

:tort:Leo and:tort:Totti :D

Attachments

• IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 23

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). They are very cute. There are a few turtle keepers here that will be able to answer any questions you have.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Hi there! Your sliders are simply adorable! I have a suggestion for you since I had some amazing sliders back in the day. Replace your gravel with a bath mat. :D

I know it sounds silly but here's why:

One of my little turtles accidentally ingested a piece of gravel, which would NOT push it's way through his digestive track. Cost roughly $600 to surgically remove a piece of gravel.

Also the bath mat serves as a cushion for when your babies are startled and dive into the water. So no bruised beaks.

It will minimize the clinking on the glass and it trap dirt underneath so you can pull a corner back and vacuum the crud in the water.

I bought blue mats to keep it looking fresh looking. And I never had a problem with them biting or eating it in 7yrs.

Welcome! ;)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ ,USA . Turtles are so cute when they are baby's !

LeoTotti

Malaysia
christinaland128 said:
Hi there! Your sliders are simply adorable! I have a suggestion for you since I had some amazing sliders back in the day. Replace your gravel with a bath mat. :D

I know it sounds silly but here's why:

One of my little turtles accidentally ingested a piece of gravel, which would NOT push it's way through his digestive track. Cost roughly $600 to surgically remove a piece of gravel.

Also the bath mat serves as a cushion for when your babies are startled and dive into the water. So no bruised beaks.

It will minimize the clinking on the glass and it trap dirt underneath so you can pull a corner back and vacuum the crud in the water.

I bought blue mats to keep it looking fresh looking. And I never had a problem with them biting or eating it in 7yrs.

Welcome! ;)

Thanks for your suggestion christinaland128.I have remove the gravels and looking forward to replace it with bath mat [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]