Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

34KING18

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT , USA
Hi! I'm new to the site and I really like it here! I'm planning on getting a tortoise but I need some help with all the supplies and all that good stuff. Thanks!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D Well, you will need to determine what species of tortoise or turtle you are going to get...as that will help to get specifics....Generally, you will need a sufficient size and safe enclosure, UVA/UVB light and a heat source, substrate, and some type of dish or tile for food offerings and a dish of appropriate size for water.....and if a turtle, then you will need to know what type of turtle as some are largely aquatic while others like substrate and a swimming area....

:D

34KING18

5 Year Member
CT , USA
Hey! Sorry I wasn't able to reply quick. I think i'll be getting a russian tortoise in a 50 gallon. I live in Connecticut for all you guys and you can just call me David if you want to! Thanks. ( I made this word page that shows all the stuff that I want to buy for my tank with the links to the items so I'll be posting that up sometimwe this week . See -ya.

34KING18

5 Year Member
CT , USA
Thanks everyone for the nice welcome to this site. I really like it here and hope on getting a russian tortoise. ;)

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
34KING18 said:
Thanks everyone for the nice welcome to this site. I really like it here and hope on getting a russian tortoise. ;)

Well David I hope you get that Russian and stay with us on here for as long as possible! ;) this is a great site with a lot of kind and knowledgable people! Have fun! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.