hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalupacabra

5 Year Member
hey y'all!

i'm a recent transplant to south texas, and since i no longer live in tennessee, i'll finally be able to have a tortoise, and i'm so excited! i came to the forums to get more information so that i can be the best keeper i can be. i am currently interested in raising a hermann's tortoise, but in the next 5 years i fully intend to adopt a sulcata!

nice to meet you all. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Aly:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
welcome to the forum!
Herman would be a good first tortoise as well as Russian's.
Just read read read and find the right tortoise you can properly maintain, take care of, and afford :)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum!

What part of Tennessee are you transplanting from? I too am a Transplant with deep roots in Tennessee

chalupacabra

5 Year Member
thanks everyone!

Zamric said:
Welcome to the Forum!

What part of Tennessee are you transplanting from? I too am a Transplant with deep roots in Tennessee

I'm from Nashville. Tennessee is my favorite place in the world- and I'm pretty well traveled! Those mountains never get old to me. Sigh. :)

As you can see, if anyone mentions Tn at ALL, or i see any Titans paraphernalia, I have to talk about it, lol. :)

South Texas is quite different, but i am loving the people here. Also, tacos.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome!

Hey here's an idea... Have you considered the South African Leopards? :D

chalupacabra

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Hello and welcome!

Hey here's an idea... Have you considered the South African Leopards? :D

oh my! Just did a little researching.. wouldja look at that. I had no idea there was more than the Babcocki! That seems right up my alley. The perfect middle ground- I've plenty room!

:p

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I am From the Clarksville/Ft Campbell area (Army Brat! ;) ) and I have always found myself drawn back to the hills and green trees of Tenn. It is where my Heart lays! Spent more than my fair sare of time in Nashville since I took my Chef Apprintacship at The Grand Ol' Oprha and later returned as Phila Hach's Head Chef for the 1988 Caterers Convention in Nashville. That is when Jack Danials introduced Gentalman's Jack Sippin' Whisky to the Public....of course that was before the Titans and I live in Dallas (Guess who I cheer for when The Game comes on...;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.