Hello. Thinking about getting a tortoise and have lots of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortoise21

5 Year Member
Hello. I'm thinking about getting a tortoise, a Herman if possible. I did think about one a couple of years ago but was blown away by the price but now I have came to accept thats what good healthy reptiles cost these days. I know a few people who have Hermans and keep them outside in hutches with a add on run. Also letting them out every day to forage etc. Then hibernate them in winter. I was wondering if this is true and if kept in a sunny spot is it possible to keep them outside without spending lots of money on a vivarium. I've also been told Hermans
like the space outside as well. Sorry for all the questions I'm a complete beginner. Thank you. :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Tortoise21:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Welcome to the forum. If it's answers you seek than you've come to the right place. Good luck!

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
welcome to the forum you are at the right place :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! We could perhaps answer your questions better if we knew more details like where you live? What size outside enclosure? Sounds like your not really wanting to spend much money on this project, am I reading that between the lines correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.