Thinking about getting a tortoise

Johnny Appleseed

Hello everyone! I'm thinking of getting a baby leopard tort. They are truly amazing creatures:tort: !
Anyways I would really love to know information about the enclosures info, soaking, diet, etc. Please help!

A leopard tortoise is just one option, I was also curious about redfoots, and box turtles. So if you have any info on those species, I would be tickled! Thanks!;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Johnny!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Johnny welcome to the TFO from AZ . Leopards get to be large torts . I've had mine for about 13 yrs . I live in Phx. So mine are in the back yard their enclosure ( adults) is about 13 x 36 feet .ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406385983.442296.jpg these are just a few of my baby's . Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Welcome. The Beat thing you can do right now is read read read. Go to the specific species section of this site and check out the species you're interested in (and a few you didn't know we're possibilities) Read all about the housing and diet requirements and see which tort you can offer the best care for based off of your current living situation. My slightly biased opinion is the Redfoots are the best :)

Welcome to TFO. Torts are awesome!

RainsOn

5 Year Member
NE OK
Russians are a great beginner tortoise - animated, small and hardy.
Be sure to understand the difference in Tortoise and box turtle - BIG difference in diet and housing.
Welcome aboard. Stay tuned in here for the best advice. :<3: :tort: :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Leopard Tortoise are very beautiful indeed. I have few of them also.