Hello, just got a russian...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgorman1984

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am so glad I found this.. I don't really know as much as I should because my lil guy is a rescue. How much should he be eating? He's estimated at about 4-5 years old? And what should I feed him besides tortoise food, if anything?? I really want to take good care of him... and I have found some info, but not enough to feel sure that I am doing the right things...

Thanks for any help you can give me!

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Texas/Cal.
cgorman1984 said:
I am so glad I found this.. I don't really know as much as I should because my lil guy is a rescue. How much should he be eating? He's estimated at about 4-5 years old? And what should I feed him besides tortoise food, if anything?? I really want to take good care of him... and I have found some info, but not enough to feel sure that I am doing the right things...

Welcome cgorman1984 to TF. Could you provide us with pics of your lil guy? We need to know what kind of tort is he/she before we could give you some suggestions. Again welcome to the forum.

Minh

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
ZippyButter said:
cgorman1984 said:

Welcome cgorman1984 to TF. Could you provide us with pics of your lil guy? We need to know what kind of tort is he/she before we could give you some suggestions. Again welcome to the forum.

Minh

Oops, your rescue is a Russian, I did not see the head of this thread. You could go to Russian section of this forum and go through some of the threads there to look for answeres to some of your questions.

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi and welcome to the forum:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! I think you will find you really enjoy your Russian. You bought him as a Russian, but sometimes they end up not really being Russians, so it's best to get a positive ID on him/her.

You will find more details in the Russian and Diet Sections on correct diets. The simplest first thing to learn, is to limit fruits to occasional treats and to stick to mostly weeds and plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.