hello i got myself 2 tortoise and i dont know what kind please help?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
These two will likely (VERY likely) not get along and have different requirements.
Read the care sheets and decide if you are able to correctly care for them both.
Where are you located? Is there a spot outdoors for a pen? (Pens) What do you currently have for them as far as housing and lighting, food?
Boy. You jumped right in the deep end...:)

uyalex

Philippines
These two will likely (VERY likely) not get along and have different requirements.
Read the care sheets and decide if you are able to correctly care for them both.
Where are you located? Is there a spot outdoors for a pen? (Pens) What do you currently have for them as far as housing and lighting, food?
Boy. You jumped right in the deep end...:)

were from the philippines :D for now i placed them in one 3x5" box with sand in it but ill soon be changing the bedings with topsoil and coconut coir. do i need to keep them in different enclosures? they get direct sunlight from outside but i placed 2 hides if it gets too hot.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
The one on the left is a Redfoot. The one on the right is one of the Mediterranean species, looks Hermann to me @HermanniChris should be able to offer more insight to that one.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Yes they 100% for sure need to be kept In Separate enclosures. Species should not be mixed because they each carry different pathogens. What is a healthy germ for one could be a deadly germ for the other. Even if they were the same species putting 2 together is a bad idea, they tend to fight. Tortoises don't get lonely and not want friends. On the wild they live alone and you'd have much happier tortoises if you separated them. Each species has different temperatures and humidity levels they require as living conditions.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
There should always be a hide in there box. Out side sun is great but they hide most of the time. Offer them shade too.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You'll find that Redfoot won't want to be in direct sunlight for very long.
Mine stay in the shadows when it's hot out.
Redfoot will also like a lot of humidity and a nice soak in some warm water.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Those two tortoises require much different care and habitats. They should not be in the same enclosure.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello and welcome to the forum!
two lovely tortoises you have there, but it means a lot of work to give them each a nice home.
But you've come to the right place for help and advice.
The rewards you will reap for having two happy, healthy torts far outweigh the initial investment and effort.
Enjoy.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. Read the care guides for each of these, and ask any questions you have.