Hello from WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagreltracy

5 Year Member
Hello everyone! I have been reading this site...and many others for about 4-5 months now. I have been interested in getting a russian tortoise for some time now, but I wanted to do a bunch of research before making the final decision. After tons of reading and reasearch I decided I want to get a Russian! I am excited about this.

They sell them in petstores here, we have a chain store (petco) and a family run store (Preferred Pets), and another family run store in Madison (only about 45 min away) but I really really would like to buy from a breeder and get a captive bred baby...but I dont know where to start. Any suggestions???

Love looking at all your pictures, and I cant believe the great info I have already gotten from this site!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! What has made you decide on a Russian being the tortoise for you? :tort:

tagreltracy

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! What has made you decide on a Russian being the tortoise for you? :tort:

Well I ran across a guy who had one last summer at a farmers market here in town, he had him in the little zoo med playpen while he was selling veggies at his stand. I fell in love with him, and have always wanted a tortoise, so I decided to research the Russians and their size and care made it sound like the tortoise for me!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, tagreltracy!

tagreltracy

5 Year Member
Thank you all for making me feel welcome! I am excited to bring my new tortoise home! It looks like I will be getting a Russian tortoise from someone here on the forum. I am very excited!!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Welcome to the forum, and a Russian is a good starter tortoise for sure. Shelly thinks Russians have the best personalities, I think Sulcata's do, in my opinion. I have one of each, but a Sulcata is not a good starter tortoise. Best of luck and can't wait to see pictures!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Glad your enjoying the forum. It is the best place for info and well, just to talk torts and turts:D Don't forget pics when you get your little shelled family member

WITortoiseMom

5 Year Member
We're new with tortoises too (one month). It's so much fun because both have two distinct personalities. One likes pear cactus, one doesn't, etc... Have fun with your little guy/gal when you get her. They really are neat animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.