hello from oreGUN : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
New to tortoiseforum.org but not to other turtle forums, ill be most active in the north american box turtle section of TF.org looking to share a few things learn a few things and hoping to exand the husbandry and captive breeding of NA Boxies :tort:

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the forum we would love to see some pic's of your box turtles :D

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome! That's where I post most often as well.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Scott:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

My sister (maggie3fan) lives in Corvalis. She has quite a few box turtles too.

M

Maggie Cummings

Hi Scott We'll have to get together and talk about box turtles. I'm in Corvallis, where are you?

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
im just a stone throw away! i live in albany but work for the post office in tangent! :D

id be intersted in that! what types of boxies do you have? ive got three toes and an ornate box:tort: : ) ill get some pictures up soon and update my profile

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Hi from SW Washington, Vancouver.
I don't have Boxies but did a long time ago.
I would love to hear more about keeping Boxies in the NW!
Definitely post pics of your torts and enclosures.

M

Maggie Cummings

turtlemann2 said:
im just a stone throw away! i live in albany but work for the post office in tangent! :D

id be intersted in that! what types of boxies do you have? ive got three toes and an ornate box:tort: : ) ill get some pictures up soon and update my profile

I have 3 toes and Ornata and an Eastern. I also have several tortoises one of them is Bob who's 102 pounds and I have Fat Nat a fat Russian and Queenie a beautiful Hermanni...

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:

boxies are quite easy to keep here in the PNW i find the hardest part is hibernation if you choose to, i find the summers here in in the valley to be rather nice for the boxies though their pen is watered and planted with certain plants i find to be beneficial such as ferns hosta's dandelions etc

maggie3fan said:
turtlemann2 said:

I have 3 toes and Ornata and an Eastern. I also have several tortoises one of them is Bob who's 102 pounds and I have Fat Nat a fat Russian and Queenie a beautiful Hermanni...

holy moly 100lbs! thats a biggen!!! rehoming an female three toes? jk anyways it would be cool if we could meet up one day and chat about our boxies, well i would like to have my female ornate serviced if you had a lonely male : )

M

Maggie Cummings

turtlemann2 said:
lynnedit said:

boxies are quite easy to keep here in the PNW i find the hardest part is hibernation if you choose to, i find the summers here in in the valley to be rather nice for the boxies though their pen is watered and planted with certain plants i find to be beneficial such as ferns hosta's dandelions etc

maggie3fan said:
turtlemann2 said:

holy moly 100lbs! thats a biggen!!! rehoming an female three toes? jk anyways it would be cool if we could meet up one day and chat about our boxies, well i would like to have my female ornate serviced if you had a lonely male : )

The only male I have is a seriously horny 3toed. I have to house him separately because he won't leave my females alone. He drives them (and me) crazy. But no male Ornata. I would LOVE to have Ornata babies. I really would. Anybody close to us have a male Ornata out there? I should have kept that male Ornata I gave you Yvonne. Has he serviced any of your females yet?

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
i too have a male three toe that isnt too bad but i do find my self seperating them from time to time just to give his favorite girl a brake. i had another male a few years ago that id love to get back he was sweet to the girls and i never saw any aggressive mating behavior, sigh (little mister) was a good one : ), well if you do find a male ornate youll deffinatly have to contact me! i find them few are far between, especially now that they are becoming a "rarer" pet (which is good for wild populations!)

conservation

10 Year Member!
Welcome, I am looking forward to learning more about boxies from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.