Hello from NJ

Benito

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Hello everyone, been reading this forum for a while as a guest and finally decided to join. I live in NJ and I own 2 baby Aldabras, 2 Sulcatas(1 ivory) and 5 small Leopards. One of my leopards I am not sure if it's a pardalis pardalis. I am new to tortoise keeping and been waiting till my son was grown and out to get into this. I know it's going to be a ton of work but this the stuff I love to do. I am sure I will get to know most of you and look foward educating myself further with the seasoned tort keepers on this site.

IMG_3588.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

If you didn't pay more for that leopard, then it's probably just a mix of the two - babcock and pardalis.

Benito

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hi. I was not sure about him. So its good to have people more knowledgeable then me take a peak at it

Last edited:

Benito

5 Year Member
New Jersey
He had me thinking he was due to his black specking skin. But I got him from someone who didn't want him any longer on craigslist

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Benito, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
It would be great to see photos of your other torts too.
Please.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello everyone, been reading this forum for a while as a guest and finally decided to join. I live in NJ and I own 2 baby Aldabras, 2 Sulcatas(1 ivory) and 5 small Leopards. One of my leopards I am not sure if it's a pardalis pardalis. I am new to tortoise keeping and been waiting till my son was grown and out to get into this. I know it's going to be a ton of work but this the stuff I love to do. I am sure I will get to know most of you and look foward educating myself further with the seasoned tort keepers on this site.

View attachment 183408

A very warm welcome to the forum! :)

Please read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread and give your cute tort (and of course the other ones) daily soaks in warm water. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He had me thinking he was due to his black specking skin. But I got him from someone who didn't want him any longer on craigslist

I doubt the craigslist person would just let a South African leopard go for free or cheap on craigslist. Those leopards sell for quite a bit more than the regular leopards. You are correct to question it though, because of the double spots and the black freckles. My guess is still a mix of the two. I'll bet this one grows bigger than your others do.

Benito

5 Year Member
New Jersey
I doubt the craigslist person would just let a South African leopard go for free or cheap on craigslist. Those leopards sell for quite a bit more than the regular leopards. You are correct to question it though, because of the double spots and the black freckles. My guess is still a mix of the two. I'll bet this one grows bigger than your others do.

Benito

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Oh nothing i have was free I bought 2 leopards from him. He intially wanted to trade for a larger sulcata that was people friendly or for an ivory sulcata. Was no chance of me giving up my Ivory for him. So I just paid 300 for both. Contacted Richard Fife today and he says he is almost positive it's pure. But you never know until later on in life. 97 degrees in NJ at 6:30 pm and just got done hand feeding my 10 moth old Aldabra a strawberry. Life is good!

Attachments

• 20160810_075104.jpg
    20160810_075104.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • 20160810_074956.jpg
    20160810_074956.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 38
  • P6.jpg
    P6.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 35