hello from iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

laura13617

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
midwest
hi everyone!

iv'e been browsin around the site for awhile and think it's a great community of tortoise lovers u have here..and what great pics and info for me!

im currently drawing up plans for a 2 story tortoise table, have gotten alot of useful tips off of this site and many others:) im also building an outdoor enclosure for my shelled future friends. im trying to find a rescue tortoise(s) before i buy one. i have put my name up at several rescue shelters in the 4 state area.

i would love a cherry head red footed or possibly a leopard but, i think they are all gorgeous in their own special ways. i would like a box turtle too however in iowa the 4 toed ones are illegal to have as pets.

im researching care, habitat, species, and maintenence from several books at the library. anyone offer some advice for me...

thank you:)

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
Welcome to the Forum and please post some pictures after you've successfully adopted the tortoise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Laura:

Welcome to the forum!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I spent a couple of months in Des Moines and Clive. I LOVED it there. Did you know Des Moines is the home of Kane Mfg., the maker of the venerable Kane Heat Mat?

luck102573

5 Year Member
Iowa
Welcome. I am very new here as well. They have been very helpful in my first week here. Tons of knowledge to be learned from them. Nice to see other Iowan.:) Enjoy!
Teena

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Neighbor (I am in Nebraska)! Is a bit of challenge trying to build an enclosure without knowing the age (size) and type of tortoise your going to end up with isn't it? :)

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Welcome fellow Iowan. For your information only Ornate box turtles are protected in Iowa, so any of the T. carolina complex are ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.