Greetings from central Iowa!

Gerboy

Greetings to all!

I am from central Iowa and have only recently discovered the beautiful creatures that are tortoises. After watching the Aldabra tortoises at the Blank Park Zoo, for over two hours, I decided that I would conduct some research into the care and habitat required for bringing one of these beautiful creatures into our family. (Obviously not the Aldabras.lol) I have been spending almost every free moment in research. In the course of that research, I was led here. I am glad it did, as there appears to be quite a wealth of knowledge and experience here. I look forward to my membership in this community!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello and welcome to the TFO.
After you've done your research and decided on the species that best meets your situation...Space, etc. We will gladly help you with that species.

eric joranson

Location (City and/or State)
Cape Cod ;MA / Co.Bluffs; Iowa
welcome fellow Hawkeye...My tortoise and I hail from CBluffs. Best thing about Iowa is the abundant food sources available; bad thing is how cold it can get in the winter months. Doing your research before you choose a tortoise is the smartest way to do things right. Finding this forum is the best place to find the most current methods of raising and taking care of them. Its an educational experience for all involved; enjoy the journey.

Gerboy

Thank you all for the welcome! :)

I am grateful for all of the knowledge and wisdom that the members here have shared! I have not had the need to post any questions yet since all that I've had have been answered in one thread or another. I have decided upon an Eastern Hermann's tortoise and have ordered most of the required supplies and hope to have the remainder by the end of the weekend. I am going to conduct some tests when I have the first habitats ready so that I can verify temperatures, humidity etc. before I purchase since the new addition to the family will be here the following morning.