New to group live at Unionville Iowa

Penny Howe

Hello! I'm a new member from Unionville, Iowa. I'm looking for advise and help with three tortoise rescues. The 2 older red footed tortoises a male (Bob) and a female (Deiter) age 6 were living at my sisters in laws ( so I named them after her in-laws), were no longer wanted after their son got divorced. They were really dry living in the basement in too cool and low humidity eating primarily a tort pellet and mixed greens occasionally. The other female, Rosie age (5) was a rescue from Cherokee, Iowa. The previous owner moved and couldn't keep Rosie.
Hoping to make some tortoise friends and see if anyone is from southern Iowa or northern Missouri.

Stormy Bluu

Location (City and/or State)
Central Pennsylvania
Welcome from Pennsylvania from a fellow red foot owner! There is a lot of great resouces under the Red foot area for proper set up and diets.

eric joranson

Location (City and/or State)
Cape Cod ;MA / Co.Bluffs; Iowa
West central Iowa here; Council Bluffs;for at least for a few months of the year. The rest of the time I am out on Cape Cod. Best of both worlds. Welcome to the forum; you will find lots of very helpful information here and the support of fellow tortoise owners. "Go Hawkeyes"IMG_3356 (2).JPG