Hello from Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelcon

5 Year Member
Spartacus is doing loads better still not fond of the greens but who knows maybe he'll eat them soon enough

Kelcon

5 Year Member
Well just to update I brought Spartacus to the vet to get his shell checked out... he repaired it the best he could I guess. From what the vet told me Spartacus is not that old... and all of his vital signs checked out just fine.. I told him about his diet which still consists of mainly worms and other animal parts... he said it was fine but to keep an eye on him incase something changes. We still go on our daily walks for about an hour or more... usually me following him from a distance letting him have his freedom.

Well.. I found out who originally owned him and talked to the man about what happened. He said his grandson owned him for about 3 years and that he was going to college and didn't have time for him anymore. The guy said he had no clue what he did with him but he knew that he let him go.... (By throwing him out of a moving vehicle in a glass cage.... what a swell guy). The local vet told me how to find him I guess they kept records on Spartacus... luckly I knew the guy and he gave me his medical information... Spartacus was indeed wild at some point in time and it really pisses me off this kid picks him up puts him in a horrible environment and then gets rid of him cause he is bored. The funny thing is im a college student working on getting a BA in radiology and some how this guy starting college taking basics derp courses cant find the time to take care of his animal. So I ended up speaking face to face with this inbred human being and we almost got into a physical altercation lol.... Jerry Springer woot... so needless to say he now has had Animal Cruelty charges on him and might possibly serve time in jail... I feel justice is served. I also set up my back yard to be Spartacus's new home... I screened my entire back yard in and built fencing for him... I have a small man made pond I built for him filtered and made a worm farm just for him whenever he wanted to get some grub. It's still a work in progress and unfortunately Spartacus hasn't been able to enjoy it yet but soon he will... well thats all for now that I can think of..... I hope all your torts and Boxies are doing great cya all later

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Whoa, crazy! I would love to see pics of what you have done! You should start a new thread and post pics! Great job, I am glad the little guy has you to fight for him!

Kelcon

5 Year Member
Well I wish I had a real camera but I dont... so I cant take any great pictures I tried and my phone just wont adjust all that well to the light... pretty much its like the deck screen you can get from a local hardware store like Lowe's.... the pond is kinda like a Japanese Koi fish pond... it has a few gold fish in it all small because its brand new... now it has a few less cause spartacus ate them -.-.... figures I built a whole worm farm for him... he eats the damn fish lol... ohwell whatever makes him happy... if you have ever seen some of the fencing setups around paint ball courses its kinda like that... so look em up if you want to its a neat setup... It cost me about 300 bucks for the screens and posts to make it looks good.... the fencing I put up for him and for general privacy so it worked out great. The only thing that was major cash flow was the pond... was about $3500[/u] I did all of the work myself... im real proud of it but I just want it to get weathered a bit before spartacus starts living out there.. some of the plants are just not big enough for him to hide under yet and I was wanting it to be as natural as possible. Really sorry I cant upload a picture of it yet... I wish I could im really happy with it maybe soon though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.