Hello everyone

Em8790

Hi im new to this forum and thought id say hello. i live in north wales. In the process of reading all the information about tortoises. Thinking of getting a hermann's or horsefield tortoise. Any advice would be great.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hi im new to this forum and thought id say hello. i live in north wales. In the process of reading all the information about tortoises. Thinking of getting a hermann's or horsefield tortoise. Any advice would be great.
We have a couple of fine members from Wales.
Welcome

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
We have a couple of fine members from Wales.
Welcome
And Lyn.
Hello,Em, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you.
Read http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/ to begin.
And then http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/ for good information on horsefields.
And http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/sticky-hermanns-tortoise-care-sheet-updated.101410/ too.
Good luck in deciding and getting your set up right.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I meant to say, of course, Em, that @Lyn W is a terrific member here from Wales who i am sure will be able to help you with lots of questions and solutions regarding Welsh temperatures, what is available and so on. She's very nice, as well.
I'm half Welsh too, by the way.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello
I have Hermanns and Russian , the Hermanns are larger but are other then that they are about the same .ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1444055107.870699.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Em, and welcome to the forum.
I'm at the other end of Wales!
This is the best place to learn everything about torts,
so forget all the other websites everything is covered here
with some great people to advise and chat to.
Well done for researching first. I was thrown in at the deep end but
since I joined I have learnt such a lot from experienced keepers all over the world.
So read, search and ask as many questions as you like and you'll have a happy healthy tort .

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I meant to say, of course, Em, that @Lyn W is a terrific member here from Wales who i am sure will be able to help you with lots of questions and solutions regarding Welsh temperatures, what is available and so on. She's very nice, as well.
I'm half Welsh too, by the way.
Ok I'll forgive you!