Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

Heather H

N.E. ohio

Ginn

Northern NY
I know what you mean about "support and encouragement." A couple years ago when I bought a doberman pup I joined a doberman forum. I may as well have been talking to the moon. No one responded to anything I had to say or answered any questions I had.

I love our Forum! The people here are so nice.

I feel like other places (bad information aside) were also very judgmental and almost had a feeling of entitlement.
I'm still in awe of the generosity and time you all are putting in to helping us newbies.

Ginn

Northern NY
I would also like to add that Frankie's activity level has increased greatly today!
I'm so happy!
You guys are fabulous!

Ginn

Northern NY

I think I have covered these about 10 times each! (I actually bookmarked them)
Tom you are my hero right now.
Due to your experience and care sheets I have a happy active hatchling today!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tom you are my hero right now.

Oh that won't last. Give it time. I'll say something overly harsh or insensitive eventually... :)

Glad we could all help, and even more glad that your tortoise is doing well. We were all new at one time too. I wish we had a tortoise forum back when I was new. Or even the internet... Or cellphones... Or cellphones that access the internet...

Ginn

Northern NY
Oh that won't last. Give it time. I'll say something overly harsh or insensitive eventually... :)

Glad we could all help, and even more glad that your tortoise is doing well. We were all new at one time too. I wish we had a tortoise forum back when I was new. Or even the internet... Or cellphones... Or cellphones that access the internet...

Haaa! And a sense of humor!
I'm not easily offended and so long as your info is accurate! ;)

Ginn

Northern NY
I just wanted to leave an update and another huge THANK YOU for all of you!

Frankie is doing great! His activity level is up and he's an eating machine! I owe everything to this site and all of your knowledge and support.

One of the posts I read (of Tom's - AKA: my hero) talked of places that do not include humidity in their hatchlings environment. I went back to the place I got Frankie from - armed with my new found information - sure enough - absolutely no humidity. They actually go so far as to recommend that you do NOT even put any water in their enclosure.
I'm so sad. How many tortoises are suffering or worse...
I wish everyone here the very best and am so grateful for your help.
You all saved Frankie's life!

Attachments

• 20150204_092538.jpg
    20150204_092538.jpg
    893.8 KB · Views: 4