Hello and THANK YOU!

Ginn

Location (City and/or State)
Northern NY
Hi. I'm Ginn and the proud new parent of a hatchling sulcata.
I am so very grateful for this site. We thought we did our research before bringing our baby home... literally months and months of research - but after finding this site it turns out that most of the information out there is completely wrong. I have spent hours every day for the past 3 days scouring this site. I just returned from my second run to the hardware store and pet store. New lights, heaters, and temperature gages later and I'm hoping that we are on the right path.
I'm still so nervous!
Thank you for sharing all of your experience and knowledge!

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
Hey there! I want to thank you for being responsible and researching your pet before buying him. We get many people who unfortunately received wrong information and therefore are caring for their pet incorrectly.

That being said, now that you know what to do and how to do it, enjoy your shelled friend :)

Ginn

Northern NY
This is our Frankie! We love him more than I can put in to words!
I just want to make everything perfect for him!
We thought we were doing everything right (from what we were told) and now I'm a wreck!

20150114_072148.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Heather H

N.E. ohio
This is our Frankie! We love him more than I can put in to words!
I just want to make everything perfect for him!
We thought we were doing everything right (from what we were told) and now I'm a wreck!
so cute. I was in the same boat as you. I did research got everything ready and found that what I had was wrong. I have replaced everything wrong and was overwhelmed. They are so lovable.

Ginn

Northern NY
I'm working on bringing the humidity up right now. He has a "moist side" but the actual humidity level in the enclosure is low. It is not an enclosed area and I'm guessing I will have to rectify that this weekend.
Not 100% sure on how... but I'll figure it out with my new best friends at Home Depot! Lol

Heather H

N.E. ohio
I'm working on bringing the humidity up right now. He has a "moist side" but the actual humidity level in the enclosure is low. It is not an enclosed area and I'm guessing I will have to rectify that this weekend.
Not 100% sure on how... but I'll figure it out with my new best friends at Home Depot! Lol
if you post pics of your enclosure they will help you here. great ideas on this forum :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, Ginn, and welcome to the Forum!

Ginn

Northern NY
Again - thank you. This place is amazing.
The support and encouragement mean so much to me.
Happy to report that the humidity levels are still climbing!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know what you mean about "support and encouragement." A couple years ago when I bought a doberman pup I joined a doberman forum. I may as well have been talking to the moon. No one responded to anything I had to say or answered any questions I had.

I love our Forum! The people here are so nice.