Hello all! New greek handler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greektortnamedleo

5 Year Member
Hello everyone! Kind of jumped the gun and already posted without introducing myself. But my name is Jeff, I'm from NH in the good ole USA and my tort is a 4 year old(ish) Greek named Leo. Like Leonardo from the ninja turtles. I have already started a thread asking a bunch of questions but I am appreciative of the knowledge I have already gained from my week of trolling the forum. Without further ado, Leo.
ozqf1.jpg

6XCEi.jpg

0jTH5.jpg

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
He looks great. I would change the bedding to cypress mulch, coco coir, orchid bark, organic potting soil, sphagnum peat moss, etc. Welcome to the forum!

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Omygoodness he is beautiful! He looks so big for only 4 years old, are you positive on his age?

Greektortnamedleo

5 Year Member
I'm not positive of his age. He was my girlfriends but I'm a bit more attentive. I know I need to change his substrate but I'm also designing a table for him. He is such a cool guy and I'm lucky to have such a good looking tort as my first. Thank you all.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! I don't recall anybody in tortoises referring to themselves as a handler before, interesting. Glad you have introduced yourself to us.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to TFO! You are among friends

Greektortnamedleo

5 Year Member
Sorry, so many responses. Thank you all. I know handler is a weird term, I did not know how else to say it. I am not sure of his age, we are speculating from when she first received the tortoise. He is a cool guy but I am drowning in information trying to figure out how to get his diet down and fix his vivarium until I can build a nice table for him. Thank you all in advance for your wealth of information and advice.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
Welcome!
Youll find lots of great info on this forum....as well as people willing to help :)
Check out the greek specific threads and the enclosures sections....
and again....WELCOME!! :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Greektortnamedleo said:
He is a cool guy but I am drowning in information trying to figure out how to get his diet down and fix his vivarium until I can build a nice table for him. Thank you all in advance for your wealth of information and advice.

Just relax. Trying to take the information all at one time can be a bit overwhelming, especially when you add in all the varying ways of doing things. Believe me, you will find it quickly all starts to make sense and once you have the basics down, the rest just kinda smoothly flows into place. You will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.