heat and light

sarniacherie

I am a total novice with tortoises and I want to make sure I am treating her properly.She is a Hermann,called Hermione.I am confused about heating/lighting.She has the uv and the heat lamp and an heating pad.At night,which of these should be left on,and should all three be on during the day?I have looked at so many different sites for info and my head is now in bits! Help !:tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If it means leaving all of them on in order to reach the temperatures you're striving for all over the floor of the habitat, then that's the correct answer. The only thing is they need dark at night, so the light light will be turned off in the evening for night time. The tortoise can take a bit of a dip in temperature for night time.

sarniacherie

going by your advice I guess it would be best to turn off everything except the under heater,last thing I want is a cranky tortoise who hasnt slept all night.thanks
Yvonne G said:
If it means leaving all of them on in order to reach the temperatures you're striving for all over the floor of the habitat, then that's the correct answer. The only thing is they need dark at night, so the light light will be turned off in the evening for night time. The tortoise can take a bit of a dip in temperature for night time.