Hatchling shell shape question

tortnmutt

Location (City and/or State)
Washington Coast
I am looking at getting a Leo hatchling from someone local. This guy is listed at a reduced price because of his "odd" shaped shell. I've asked the hatch date. But will the "cone" shape flatten out? Is this something to be concerned about in the long run? He's told me that the hatchling is very active, eats frequently and moves normally.

Attachments

• leo hatch.jpg
    leo hatch.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 72

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Looks weird. I'd get just to see how it grows. I have no clue if it's a health problem or not. Someone will chime in soon.

tortnmutt

Washington Coast
I was just told the hatch date was Jan 27th. So it's 9 weeks old now... There's also a "dent" on the front scutes. He said it came out like that, dented n cone shaped.

tortnmutt

Washington Coast
awesomely low ($40). I'm getting it. A rescue friend just told me she thinks it's a small scute mutation and it's nothing to be too concerned about.

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Washington state
Hope you keep as updated on this little one. Looks like it's got some marbling started. I'd get it to!!

tortnmutt

Washington Coast
Hope you keep as updated on this little one. Looks like it's got some marbling started. I'd get it to!!

I'm going to pick it up next week!! It's a 4 hour drive (one way) for me. I was hoping they could meet me half way or so I didn't have to go through the city. one of the downfalls about living in the boonies!