Gunther update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Gunther is doing great! He hasnt needed his eye or nose drops all week. He is up to 131 grams now. Only thing that i have noticed is he has problems tearing and swalling lettuce/greens. I have been giving him a lot of mazuri and shredded squash because its easy for him to eat. Also cactus fruit. Why might he be having this problem? Also how much cactus fruit a week is ok? He loves the stuff!
20121213_170334-1.jpg
20121210_121051-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
I don't know why he is having a problem with lettuce....just wanted to say...
LOOK AT THAT HANDSOME GUY! Way to go Gunther! I love you!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Does it look like he misses it a lot? Chop it up small and pile it high. See if that helps him. When he gets bigger then maybe not chop it as small and see if he can tear it at that time. His lower jaw looks a bit to short, compared to his top jaw. That may be a bit of a problem for him at this age. The cactus fruit from what I understand is for treats, but I'm not 100% sure.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Poor little Gunther. He has already had a rough life. I dont think his lower jaw is smaller. I think that is just from the fungal infection. Anyway...you have a picky sully just like me...oh joy...the cactus fruit is really to be fed in moderation. So, there is your answer. Dosent help,, but. Its an answer....

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
wellington said:
Does it look like he misses it a lot? Chop it up small and pile it high. See if that helps him. When he gets bigger then maybe not chop it as small and see if he can tear it at that time. His lower jaw looks a bit to short, compared to his top jaw. That may be a bit of a problem for him at this age. The cactus fruit from what I understand is for treats, but I'm not 100% sure.

Well its weird. I have gone in there to check on them and he will either be walking around or sleeping with a piece hanging out of his mouth...the piece is usually twice the size of his mouth. I just pull it out and he goes on his way. I usually chop it up really small and mix it with mazuri and sqaush. Occassionally there will be some that didnt get as chopped. His lower jaw do not line up with the top, but it looks better then it did.

LuckysGirl007 said:
I don't know why he is having a problem with lettuce....just wanted to say...
LOOK AT THAT HANDSOME GUY! Way to go Gunther! I love you!

Awww. Thanks! He sure is a special little guy! Well i hope he turns out to be a guy. His name is so unlady like! LOL

mainey34 said:
Poor little Gunther. He has already had a rough life. I dont think his lower jaw is smaller. I think that is just from the fungal infection. Anyway...you have a picky sully just like me...oh joy...the cactus fruit is really to be fed in moderation. So, there is your answer. Dosent help,, but. Its an answer....

Thanks. I will cut back on the fruit.

cemmons12 said:
He is a very goodlooking fellow!

Thank you!

Here is a better view of his mouth.
20121210_121038-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.