Gross/funny (I guess Lily had a full bladder!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Well, I thought Lily was probably bored being in her habitat almost all day, so I got her out and we just stared at each other for a few seconds and I thought she might like to go around the house. So I was holding her and walking around the house and just having alot of fun. I thought it was probably getting cold for her in the air-contioned house so I was walking her back to her cage and I was 5ft away from it when a giant amout of pee came down from the end of her shell. I got pee all down my legs. Luckily, I'm spending the night at my grandmas and I had another change of clothes! LOL!
~lll:tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hahaha. I always soaked Tatum first. He did his business then and then I would let him walk around:)

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Oregon
I give Lily a bath every morning and she does her big business and then during the day I will notice her peeing on her bed box. Hahahah!

tmbarta

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
I've had this happen to me twice in the past 2 weeks!!!!! I'm getting Shelly a tray to carry her around in now!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sounds like Lily wasn't enjoying the walk as much as you were! :p

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Funny! But, just curious -- don't torts sometimes pee when they're scared? I try not to 'free carry' my torts further than a few steps cause it seems to scare them. Instead I put them in a little cardboard box (we call it their Buick) when I have to move them any kind of distance.

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Oregon
She was in a little carrier and I got her out and I was getting her in the room her cage was in and she peed. I don't know if she was scared. I've done that before and she has never done that...

~lll

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Lilyloveslettuse said:
She was in a little carrier and I got her out and I was getting her in the room her cage was in and she peed. I don't know if she was scared. I've done that before and she has never done that...

~lll

Sounds a gal who just had to go then! :)

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Oh, didn't mean to worry you. She was probably just fine! When I first got my torts a few months ago, one of them peed a couple evenings in a row when he was brought inside for the night. I switched to carrying him in a box and it stopped. The other one never had that reaction. But neither of them much like it when I carry them. They squirm around a lot.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
I wondered about that. I just got a yearling Indian Star and at first, he peed immediately every time I picked him up. Like a toad. I have had my redfoots for 2.5 years and never once have they peed on me. They might hiss if I pick them up abruptly, or they were sleeping, but only briefly at that.
Ann
Sent from my GT-P3113 using TortForum mobile app

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
I find that mine (6 1/2 inches) doesn't mind being carried, as long as his head is close to my chest so he can't see down. If he's facing the other way (flying through the air) - and don't forget tortoises get picked up by birds for dinner - he doesn't like it and starts trying to get me off him.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
LeopardTortLover said:
I find that mine (6 1/2 inches) doesn't mind being carried, as long as his head is close to my chest so he can't see down. If he's facing the other way (flying through the air) - and don't forget tortoises get picked up by birds for dinner - he doesn't like it and starts trying to get me off him.

So true! My husband started carrying the torts in at night almost vertically, with the plastron against his chest like you might hold a baby. They hardly move at all when he carries them like that. I guess it feels less like a predator has scooped them up.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I rarely bring my sulcata in during the summer months unless there is a bad storm. Now that she is larger its is like a river...lol. its not that she is scared, and it doesn't happen all the time, but i carry her in with a towel now...

Status
Not open for further replies.