Greetings from Finland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnTort

5 Year Member
Hi, I'm a 17 years old guy from Finland. I have a Blue Tongued Skink (t. scincoides chimaerea), so I know something about reptiles/herps. I got my first tortoise about a half year ago :).

Igor is my first tortoise. She's 8 years old Russian tortoise (t. horsfieldii). She's very curious about life outside the enclosure. Igor may look nice and cute, but actually she's got pretty fierce nature; she doesn't like to be handled at all and loves biting your toes!
Igor_10.png

My second Russian tortoise is named Viktor. He's 4-5 years old. My mom bought him from the local pet shop - which turned out to be not really a good idea. We noticed at the very beginning the little tortoise didn't open his eyes at all, or if he did try, the eyes would itch and seep. He's fine now, after we got him to the vet. Still, eating is pretty hard for him, because seeing is still a problem, even if his eyes are open now. I really hope Viktor gets better :).
Viktor1.png

Tortoises live on the floor in their enclosure, which is 2 square meters large. They've got two spot-lights which warm them up and one big UVB-lamp.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi FinTort:

Welcome to the forum!! May we know your name?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
wow Finland..
I wonder if there is a way to have a thread with a Map and 'pins' in all the places the members here are from..
WELCOME!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think we asked Josh about that in the past. I wonder what ever happened to it. I'll ask him again.

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
Tervetuloa!

No, I don't speak a lick of Finnish, just looked that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.