Greens

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Ok, thank you. I will be very careful with the carrot soaks. I just got so worried when he didn't eat the first 5 days I had him. He's doing better now-- grazing during the day and exploring a bit. So I hopefully don't need to worry as much.
I guess it is easy to worry too much, I mean, here we are, humans (tall two-legged mammals) taking care (we hope!) of these strange, alien looking little four legged reptiles....it's a bit of a stretch.........................ah! We try.

Shaif

Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
Are store bought greens evil? If I wash them well, are they ok? My stubborn little Greek won't eat anything else-- including Mazuri.

He loves collard greens from the grocery store. I know that variety is best, and I continually introduce other foods including dandelion leaf (also from grocery store), and turnip greens and cucumber and 2 different types of packaged tortoise food, but he ignores everything else.

He's very small-- just bigger than a ping pong ball- so I don't want to withhold food unless it's absolutely necessary.

Thank you for any advice!