Got my first Leopard Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardusk1979

5 Year Member
Hi I'm Laura & today I pick up my Leopard Tortoise, so tiny, so cute. Seems to be settling in well, already had a bit to eat, had a good walk round his new home - the only thing I've not sort is a name for him as yet.:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! I think names are something that just come to you and seem to fit your tortoise. Sometimes you know it before hand, but usually it takes some time with the animal before the name just seems to be there.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) If your leopard was shipped to you, you should give him a nice warm soak for 20-30 minutes. Marlo's, if you purchased him from a pet store or someone that did not have water in their enclosure, I would also suggest a soak. At the bottom of my post are Toms threads on raising a leopard. The one pertaining to sulcatas applies also. Please read them.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Welcome:) Can't wait to see the photos! Oh and having called mine a boys name its made me think I should of chosen a name like mango or something where when you find out its sex your not stuck with a name that doesn't go lol. I swear mines a boy though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.