Goodbye Sweet Girl

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Yesterday morning I had to say goodbye to my beloved dog Aspen. She was 15 years old. Half springer half lab. I am devastated. I will miss her so much. But I know she is not in pain anymore.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1488050276.596913.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1488050313.027832.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1488050362.725088.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1488050398.351915.jpg

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
What a beautiful girl. You have amazing memories to hang on to. So sorry. Big hugs.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I am awfully, dreadfully sorry about this Tina.
Obviously, my 'like' was for the super photos of your Aspen.
May you always remember her fondly and may she rest in peace.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful dog Aspen. She obviously was a big part of your life. The hardest part of having a beloved pets is when it comes time for us to take on the responsibility of keeping them from pain and suffering at the end. Know that Aspen had as much happiness with you as you had with her. She thanks you. It is you who gave her a wonderful life.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's just so sad, Tina. My heart aches.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Thank you everybody. It has been a rough couple of days. I still look around for her, still swear that I hear her tags jiingling or her nails clicking on the floor. I know it will get better in time but it might be a long time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I had to put my very much loved Molly cat down a couple years ago due to illness. I still look for her. There are a few dirty spots in the doorways where she used to rub her face that I won't wash off. You'll never stop missing your doggy, but the pain gets easier to bear.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Just saw this thread! I am so so sorry!!! Please accept my most heartfelt condolences from the deepest depths of my heart❤❤❤ I hope you are able to find solace in all the beautiful and happy memories you had made together. Aspen's urn is gorgeous! And how fitting!!! Somehow I can never come up with anything clever like that after I lose one of my pets, and then every time I see things that people do in those very difficult times, it makes me feel jealous, regretful and hating myself for allowing all of my thinking brain cells to be overcome by grief and pain all at once, rendering me... a complete... frckn vegetable for those initial couple days... i have to work on that. You have come up with a beautiful way to memorialize your beloved Friend! Again, I'm very very sad for your loss and sending you warmest electronic hugs right now❤

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Just saw this thread! I am so so sorry!!! Please accept my most heartfelt condolences from the deepest depths of my heart❤❤❤ I hope you are able to find solace in all the beautiful and happy memories you had made together. Aspen's urn is gorgeous! And how fitting!!! Somehow I can never come up with anything clever like that after I lose one of my pets, and then every time I see things that people do in those very difficult times, it makes me feel jealous, regretful and hating myself for allowing all of my thinking brain cells to be overcome by grief and pain all at once, rendering me... a complete... frckn vegetable for those initial couple days... i have to work on that. You have come up with a beautiful way to memorialize your beloved Friend! Again, I'm very very sad for your loss and sending you warmest electronic hugs right now❤

Thank you. Whenever I would be out with Aspen walking down the street people would always say "what a happy dog" she always had her tail wagging and her tongue hanging out :) so I figured it would be a good thing to put on the urn.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490376900.854477.jpg