getting new leopard...questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I currently have a 10month old sulcata names Morla...who is doing great and getting bigger every day :) I am also getting a baby leopard tortoise from doc and just had a few questions. I just got a new enclosure off of craigslist. It is 41'' by 2ft by 2ft, there are some additions i have to do to the enclosure to make it better for her, but i was also thinking about moving Morla into this enclosure since it is a little bit bigger then hers and putting the new little one in her old enclosure which is a homemade critter condo. My only problem is there is only one socket for the basking bulb a tube uvb bulb fixture. I want to keep a che on all the time for the baby leopard, would i need to add another fixture to have a basking and che or is the light from the uvb bulb enough? the che would be on 24hr to keep up the temp so they dont fall below 80. She is a tiny little baby born on 1/2/12...this would be the first new born i have had, Morla was 5-6 months old when we got her and 77g. This little one only weighs 26g. Need lots of advise to make keep her healthy and happy...thanks

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
What are you temps with the UVB ? I use a timer when the UVB goes off the CHE comes on. You only really need the CHE on all the time if your temp is low . I also would not put your sully in with your leo you should have two separate enclosures

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The temp should be no lower than 80 day and nite with a basking spot of 95-100 with good 80% humidity. Please read the threads listed below with my signature.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
coreyc said:
What are you temps with the UVB ? I use a timer when the UVB goes off the CHE comes on. You only really need the CHE on all the time if your temp is low . I also would not put your sully in with your leo you should have two separate enclosures

Oh no they have their own enclosures, i was just going to switch them around. the mvb can get pretty hot, above 100. i have my sully's light on a timer and the leopard will be on the same timer. i keep them on for 12 hours and off for 12.

wellington said:
The temp should be no lower than 80 day and nite with a basking spot of 95-100 with good 80% humidity. Please read the threads listed below with my signature.

I have read all of those threads, i was just wondering if the mvb would be bright enough for her for the day. my sully's temps sometimes get down to 75, but that is the lowest. I know my leopard will need to have a che since it is still winter, although in florida, it still gets chilly at night. plus she is really young.

thank you for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.