Gettin' ready for HURRICANE SEASON!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Today, I purchased my generator Gasoline for the season. I added my K100.
(Great stuff BTW)
I probably made sure this will be a year with no storms since I replaced my roof, doors and all windows with category five rated items.
I saved a few thousand on my insurance premium.....and it went up a few thousand. So, there's that.
Hopefully no one on the forum will get clobbered this year by Mother Nature.
Good luck everyone.

Attachments

• 20240430_134853.jpg
    20240430_134853.jpg
    953.2 KB · Views: 1

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I hate the stronger winds we are now getting in the UK and I would be a nervous wreck if I had to live with the threat of hurricanes.
We see how badly some areas of the US are affected and the damage caused by hurricanes on our news programmes so I hope you all avoid the worst of it.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's reported to be a "higher than average active year" this year. But they said that last year, and the high pressure "EL NINO" kept everything off into the Atlantic.
Two things are for sure, the storms do as they please and reacting to guesses isn't helpful.
Have your generator serviced and ready. Get some gas. Stock up on batteries, water and canned food and put your insurance papers in the safe. In a waterproof bag.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
I am now visiting the deep south arrived in Atlanta last night 😎. I will see and hear about the hurricanes on our trip especially when we visit New Orleans. In the UK we are getting much stronger winds and even a few tornado! Mother nature is powerful. Keep safe.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am now visiting the deep south arrived in Atlanta last night 😎. I will see and hear about the hurricanes on our trip especially when we visit New Orleans. In the UK we are getting much stronger winds and even a few tornado! Mother nature is powerful. Keep safe.
I only drove straight through Atlanta about 5 times. It was crazy but I enjoyed it and Atlanta is actually beautiful. Enjoy your visit there before you move to your actual destination if possible..😊

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I only drove straight through Atlanta about 5 times. It was crazy but I enjoyed it and Atlanta is actually beautiful. Enjoy your visit there before you move to your actual destination if possible..😊
I like Atlanta.
But I'd rather have two root canals than drive in that I-75 traffic

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I like Atlanta.
But I'd rather have two root canals than drive in that I-75 traffic
Hahaha me too but it wasn't really bad because I timed my trip through it for Sunday morning or what would work etc.etc etc. what I enjoyed was there is an exit... you can take by mistake about halfway through and after you aim left , turn right you can get back on the 1-75 and your miraculously through the city. I made that silly mistake at least 4 times and I still haven't figured out how I did it 😜 but it works.🤗