Gender Identification

Digger&Blinky

They have a very large outdoor enclosure but in the winter i didnt hibernate them so they stayed inside

GingerLove

5 Year Member
It's wonderful that you have another enclosure!!!!! :):) Now I would suggest you set up a divider in the enclosure to split it in half. During the winter when they are housed inside, maybe you could get a large plastic bin to for one of them in order to separate them?
It's a huge relief that you have another enclosure, it should make things much simpler.

Digger&Blinky

Yeh the summer months last longer than winter thats why we have a smaller enclosure for winter

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Yeh the summer months last longer than winter thats why we have a smaller enclosure for winter
But keeping 2 in that enclosure during winter isn't a good idea and even if the outdoor enclosure is a little larger 2 shouldn't be kept together and that's the reason you are experiencing several issues that you have been mentioning. We are only telling you these things because we don't want you to go through what many others have.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...together-a-lesson-learned-the-hard-way.94114/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Are you sure its a male because only one has flashed and when i pull their tails one goes into a slit and the other one is like a wrinkly hole

Yes. He's still young, but male nonetheless.