Gender Identification

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
One will end up sick, injured or dead. There's a good topic about it in the Russian section

Digger&Blinky

Oh i have 2 russians 1 girl 1 boy but they dont bite i cant fit another enclosure in my room though my current one takes up the whole desk

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Oh i have 2 russians 1 girl 1 boy but they dont bite i cant fit another enclosure in my room though my current one takes up the whole desk

You keep talking about stress in other threads and this is most likely the reason. Coir doesn't stress them, it's being housed together

Digger&Blinky

Its only the girl i have to use the pellet stuff because she likes to eat anything she can find

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I dont think the male bullies her he just tries to mate with her once in a while
Plan and simple, bullying is going on. She can't get away from him. And will continue to be stressed and ultimately get sick. Your torts, your decision on what you think.

Digger&Blinky

I dont think they came from a very good place i got them for my birthday and they were shipped in a bix full of straw

Digger&Blinky

They are generally happy torts blinky is really sweet and cute while digger is shy and very active they are 3 years old and stay in a large enclosure during winter and go outside during summer. They havnt hibernated yet and their diet is mainly dandielions ice gem lettuce romaine lettuce cabbage strawberry leaves and apples. When i got digger she was shy and liked to dig alot . I tried this soil / rock substrate but they tried to eat it so i had to get something else. Over all i think they like living together because whenever i take one out the other gets anxious and starts searching for him.

Killerrookie

I dont think they came from a very good place i got them for my birthday and they were shipped in a bix full of straw
That's actually pretty normal for reptiles in the pet trade. Most reptiles that are shipped are perfectly healthy, but this also depends on where you buy the reptile. I recommend changing that red night time bulb to a CHE. They can see that red light and also those lights never last long.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1484692822.215954.jpg
My opinion on housing tortoises together is that they shouldn't be house as it will cause stress. You may not see one physically stressed but don't forget it can be also be emotionally stressed.