galileo's vet visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

spring pace

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
topanga, california
:D woo hoo!!!!! gali is parasite free!!!!!!!!! especially NO FLUKES. he was an angel at the office. over the years ive worked really consistently socializing galileo. until this year i could pick him up to rub noses so he would extend his neck for the vet to check his mouth. hes too heavy for me to get him past my hip these days, but it didnt matter, he gave no trouble to the vet to do it himself. the minute i took him out of his crate, he was on the move, so he could be observed making sure his legs were all working properly and he wanst wobbly in any way. we even lifted is butt to check his cloaca. i am a proud mama. after the vets, i took gali to his first "forever' home so the kids could see how hes grown. they were amazed at how hes grown. they think hes beautiful too. haha:p
aqhjt.jpg

LBSKUNK

5 Year Member
He's beautiful! I can't wait to take Daz to our first vet appointment. I love the reaction people give when they see him for the first time.

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
thanks, i think so too. when i got gali, he was lots less than stellar as far as health goes, i took him in to have an xray for any sign of MBD. didnt find that, thank goodness but we did find a foreign object in his intestinal track. a tiny bit of wire. next picture taken we found he had passed it. what a relief. between the xrays i held my breath watching for any signs of distress, none ever came. so that made me determined to have a health check up every year whether he needed it or not. 1st time, 5th time, the reaction is always the same, just keep him healthy, i take no chances w/ my guys anything, so there are very few surprises but lots of smiles. spring

M

Maggie Cummings

We are so proud of him! You did yourself proud Spring, tortoises CAN be taught!

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
of3qtg.jpg

34778yv.jpg

i have 2 great guys in my life, dozer my 20 year old cat friend and galileo. we make a great team. thanks, what a relief to know that hes OK. smiles, spring

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Glad things went well! I'm also a believer in regular vet checkups. :) We had a surprise parasite with no symptoms after a clean test 3 months prior so I think that has got me thinking that I will keep getting him tested and his checkups, even without symptoms. A little money goes a long way with peace of mind. Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.