Found tortoise

hardtomiss

5 Year Member
Lost tortoise

I just found a lost tortoise in Monrovia, California. If anyone has any ideas about his/her owner please let me know at: [email protected]

Thanks,
Joanie

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: Lost tortoise

Hi Joanie, and welcome to the Forum!!

You can place a free 'found' ad in the local paper, and also a lot of people read craigslist and those ads are free too.

I hope you are able to find the tortoise's owner.

hardtomiss

5 Year Member
RE: Lost tortoise

I'll go to craigslist now - thanks for the advice.....

hardtomiss

5 Year Member
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Thanks for doing the right thing hardtomiss, in trying to find the owners. You rock! : )

You just gotta do what you gotta do!!!!!! This is the story of my like.....
thanks for the compliment.....

hardtomiss

5 Year Member
No luck yet but have had lots of inquiries. I had no idea that they are so popular. Everyone that has emailed or called me has been concerned, helpful and very pleasant. I'm having an area in my yard fixed so he can't escape and will provide all the necessary things needed - I'm reading everything I can get my hands on - and am getting information from everyone, so thanks for the interest - I'll post if and when I find his owner.
Thanks so much.....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice of you to set it up in your yard. You may just end up with a terrific life long new shelled friend:)

hardtomiss

5 Year Member
:) Hi again,
If I'm going to keep this tortoise until I find his owner, I guess I'll have to fix him a place to live comfortably - otherwise, why keep him at all?! If his owner doesn't show up he'll have a forever home - or at least while I'm alive - then my nephew will take him, as we're all animal people! He'd take him now, but they are in Northern California and I don't want to make the drive and really would rather have him with me! So, when he gets home from my vet's I'll take a photo or two and post them and will keep all of you informed of any progress finding his owner - or rather his previous owner!

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Awesome. I adopted one recently that was a found. The guys who found it posted signs, listed it on craigslist in 3 counties. I mean, they really tried to find the owner(s). I raised my hand high, one of the guys is my leopard tortoises baby daddy-breeder. He said IF we do not get it back to the owner, he is yours. I cannot imagine someone not looking for their tortoise that took a walk away from home. I ended up with the found tortoise. Feel lucky-blessed that his journey took him to me.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
hardtomiss said:
:) Hi again,
If I'm going to keep this tortoise until I find his owner, I guess I'll have to fix him a place to live comfortably - otherwise, why keep him at all?! If his owner doesn't show up he'll have a forever home - or at least while I'm alive - then my nephew will take him, as we're all animal people! He'd take him now, but they are in Northern California and I don't want to make the drive and really would rather have him with me! So, when he gets home from my vet's I'll take a photo or two and post them and will keep all of you informed of any progress finding his owner - or rather his previous owner!

I think it's awesome that you are doing everything to find his/ her owner, but also making a home for your new shelled friend [TURTLE][TURTLE]