Found a Tortoise table in the USA

Zoe Smith

Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA
I just got a baby red foot because I'm new to this.

Don't know if anyone else had the trouble I did finding a custom tortoise table in the US but I finally found a place that makes them! Just wanted to share and save people the time.

I also wondered if anyone here has advice on how to keep space warm at night when the heat lamp (mercury vapor) is off at night, besides the zoomed heat pad? Can one use the heat rocks?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 68

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Zoe welcome to the TFO from AZ . Heat pads and rocks are not good because torts are not made to be heated from the bottom and if they malfunction they may burn the torts bad . But they make ceramic lights they don't give off light just heat and from the top . Have a great tort day. !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, Zoe and welcome to the forum!

Like Grandpa turtle said, you can buy a CHE (ceramic heat emitter). It screws into the light socket fixture and provides heat without light.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

ginamarie89

Great piece of advice I'll take for the CHE! Figured leaving the basking light on all night wasn't great and I hate the pad and rock heaters...

Gina Marie

ginamarie89

And welcome Zoe! Best of luck with your red foot. And I like that table, where did you purchase it from?

Gina Marie

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I second the advice given about the heat rocks.

You may find you have trouble with a table and a redfoot, with the high humidity needed for this species. A table won't retain humidity well on its own.

rothsauce

Have never been crazy about heat rocks, had a very bad experience with one that proved fatal to a pervious pet (non-tortoise). Personally wouldn't trust them for any critter.

As others said, ceramic heaters are the way to go!

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
Welcome! Do you have a website or business name where you purchased the table from?