Food help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortForShort

5 Year Member
I am getting a two month old golden Greek tortoise and I've been reading up on a lot of things, but one I still have a question on is diet. mine will be kept indoors since I live in an apartment right now.

I know the best case is to grow plants and weeds for them to eat, and I did order some seeds. Until those grow I need to know what to do it the meantime.

I've seen organic spring salad mix dusted wit calcium, fruit and vegetable pellets, and grassland pellet. Which is the best for the tortoise? Is it best to do all fresh and organic or is prepared okay? Do I do a mix of both?

Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread...ed-Greeks-Russians-Sulcatas-etc#axzz1YM4ADQvT

That is a big list of what they can eat. Anything they can eat that doesn't have pesticides or other bad stuff in it is fine. Not exactly sure what you mean- prepared as in from the store ready to for humans or what? The fresher the better. Also make sure you dusted with calcium plus d3. And never feed one thing too many times. Variety! Sounds like you got it.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Go with the spring salad mix, and try to offer some of the pellets every other feeding or so. Golden greeks don't always go for pelleted foods, so start sampling it in to see if he'll go for it. Throw in broadleafed weeds you find when it's convenient until your seedbeds you're planting begin to produce.

Good luck!

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Most geeks should not eat fruit as it is too high in sugar, there are certain flowers that they can eat also, check out the diet section

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Northern California
bikerchicspain said:
Most geeks should not eat fruit as it is too high in sugar, there are certain flowers that they can eat also, check out the diet section

I'm a geek, but I still eat a lot of fruit. Sorry, couldn't help myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.