finally done with 2 story enclosure

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eugene, OR
Looks beautiful! But I’m a little confused... since when are Tortoise arboreal or climbing animals? Or is there a different animal that shares the space which climbs up there?

That's an interesting question. "Normally" tortoises are much more afraid of heights than turtles. Some of mine climb on the roofs of their half log houses but they all do some climbing of terrain in nature. Guess they have better sense than turtles do.?

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eugene, OR
Looks beautiful! But I’m a little confused... since when are Tortoise arboreal or climbing animals? Or is there a different animal that shares the space which climbs up there?

Normally tortoises are more fearful of heights than turtles but there are exceptions: a recent post on a Kinixys(hingeback)forum showed one keepers tortoise that was up about 2' in a bush. They also climb fences sometimes. They can be real escape artists.

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
lol nah its yellow foot that just loves obstacles and just wants to climb over things. Her first out door home was just a wide plane with just a single blocked off area with some plants and things stacked up and nicely and looked neat but she would wake around it no no no we always walked through it until all plants were dead and eatin and rocks and logs and things all scattered about.