Faded pink dot under tail

axmna

Location (City and/or State)
UAE, sharjah
My box turtle has a very faded pink color under its tail.. can someone tell me what that means

Attachments

• 20240125_163230.jpg
    20240125_163230.jpg
    799.6 KB · Views: 2

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Do you mean the tip of the tail? What kind of turtle is it?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
My box desert box turtle doesn't have a tail like that, so that is why I was asking about the species. It looks more like a tortoise, however I am not an expert. @Yvonne G or @Maggie3fan should be able to help you.

axmna

UAE, sharjah
My box desert box turtle doesn't have a tail like that, so that is why I was asking about the species. It looks more like a tortoise, however I am not an expert. @Yvonne G or @Maggie3fan should be able to help you.
I wasnt told anything about the turtle from where i bought it from some knowledge of turtles i thought it was a box turtle

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Can you post a picture of the shell? Then you will be able to get the correct care

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
It's a tortoise. The tip on the tail is normal. An expert will be able to help you with the species and care. Welcome to the forum.

axmna

UAE, sharjah
It's a tortoise. The tip on the tail is normal. An expert will be able to help you with the species and care. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for helping .. who should I message to know the species and the care ?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I asked Yvonne and Maggie to help you. @Tom might be able to help you too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes

Yes,The tip of the tail and its a box turtle..
I don't see any problem in your pictures. That is not a box turtle. That is a Testudo species of tortoise. Here is the correct care info, and look for the temperate species care sheet near the bottom:

axmna

UAE, sharjah
I don't see any problem in your pictures. That is not a box turtle. That is a Testudo species of tortoise. Here is the correct care info, and look for the temperate species care sheet near the bottom:

Attachments

• 20240125_173712.jpg
    20240125_173712.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240125_195458_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_195458_Gallery.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240125_195513_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_195513_Gallery.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240125_195517_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_195517_Gallery.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240125_195455_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_195455_Gallery.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 2

zovick

10 Year Member!
This is how tje turtles shell looks like
That is not a box turtle. It is, in fact, a tortoise. It appears to be one of the Mediterranean subspecies of Greek Totoises, Testudo graeca ssp. I am not an expert on the various subspecies, so will leave care recommendations for others to answer for you.

The pink spot near the tail tip appears to be inflammation under the skin from some type of irritation. It does not appear overly serious from what I can see. I wouldn't worry about that spot too much. Just soak the tortoise in lukewarm water for 20-30 minutes daily (which should be done anyway) and the warm water will increase blood circulation in that area and help it to heal more quickly.

Note that tortoises heal much more slowly than humans, so it will take weeks, not days, to make the spot go away.

Reactions: Tom

axmna

UAE, sharjah
That is not a box turtle. It is, in fact, a tortoise. It appears to be one of the Mediterranean subspecies of Greek Totoises, Testudo graeca ssp. I am not an expert on the various subspecies, so will leave care recommendations for others to answer for you.

The pink spot near the tail tip appears to be inflammation under the skin from some type of irritation. It does not appear overly serious from what I can see. I wouldn't worry about that spot too much. Just soak the tortoise in lukewarm water for 20-30 minutes daily (which should be done anyway) and the warm water will increase blood circulation in that area and help it to heal more quickly.

Note that tortoises heal much more slowly than humans, so it will take weeks, not days, to make the spot go away.
My tortoise is sleeping almost the whole day and it has specific times when its awake in the afternoon and then sleeps again .. is that normal ? Since its winter ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My tortoise is sleeping almost the whole day and it has specific times when its awake in the afternoon and then sleeps again .. is that normal ? Since its winter ?
Could be due to incorrect housing, heating and lighting. Read the care sheet for temperate species that I linked for you and make sure your housing is correct.