Eggs?

doletorts

10 Year Member!
Hey guys so I've heard that some people feed their redfoots eggs. So first i was wondering if this is ok cuz it's easter on sunday and id like to introduce some more protein options for him. Second, what do i do to the egg if he can eat it (hardboil?). And third, could i feed him one of the eggs we've colored (we use the PAAS easter egg dye) cuz we eat them or should i set aside an egg for him and not color it. Thanks for the help :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm sure that the food coloring used to color eggs is non toxic, but if you're worried about it, don't feed the shells to the tortoise. I give my Manouria, YF and RF tortoises hard boiled eggs all the time (well not all the time, but about once a month). I smash them with the heel of my hand and feed it shell and all.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, one egg every so often as the protein source is ok.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
I gave mine eggs once and one of my torts got sick , not again , but it's always good to try and give them something different so they have a varied diet

doletorts

10 Year Member!
Aww poor tort. Mine seemed to like them and hasn't got sick so i'll have to do it more often