eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortuga_mel

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I hear a lot of back and forth about eggs. Someone said it's a good source of protein for the torts but someone else said not to feed them eggs, with no real reson why. Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks

:tort:

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Every now and then I scramble an egg in a little bit of water and add some mushrooms or veggies. All my box turtles and my Cherry Head's love this. I also make a mix for everyone and will add some scrambled eggs to it.

tortuga_mel

5 Year Member
Indiana
Like the actual shells? Is that healthy?

I was wanting to do something like that with the mushrooms and veggies in scrambled eggs. To me it seems like it would be good for them with the veggies and proteins from the eggs. What do you put in you. What kind of mix do you make?

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Will it harm them? Probably not, unless they get too much. But I see no reason for feeding a tortoise eggs.

tortuga_mel

5 Year Member
Indiana
Arizona Sulcata said:
Will it harm them? Probably not, unless they get too much. But I see no reason for feeding a tortoise eggs.

I just thought maybe once very two weeks make a mix of veggies and scrambles eggs for protein.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Lightly cooked eggs, and even some of the shell, are fine for red-footed tortoises and other 'forest' species once in a while. They enjoy and can easily digest meat protein. It should not be a big part of their diet however.

(By the way, I love the idea of 'omlets' for them!)

tortuga_mel

5 Year Member
Indiana
Madkins007 said:
Lightly cooked eggs, and even some of the shell, are fine for red-footed tortoises and other 'forest' species once in a while. They enjoy and can easily digest meat protein. It should not be a big part of their diet however.

(By the way, I love the idea of 'omlets' for them!)

Thanks a lot:) I gave Michelangelo some and he liked them but he wasn't like eggstatic(haha) over them, so I doubt they'll make it into his diet often.

Status
Not open for further replies.