Eco earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiescorer

5 Year Member
Hi all I've just received a brick of Eco earth coconut fibre substrate, I have a seven month old marginated. I've used the aspen that came with his tortoise table up till now. Do I need to put anything under the Eco earth to protect the wooden tortoise table.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
You can put a plastic sheet under it, or use a shower curtain or something along those lines.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I've put plastic and tarps down but they always seem to rip it out. Use a non-toxic water sealer and epoxy.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
I went to our local (non-chain) flooring store, and they had rolls and rolls of vinyl flooring remnants. I bought a 12ft x 6ft piece for $10. Both my tortoise tables have that as flooring. I glued it down with liquid nails (whatever the variety that was recommended), then after a day of curing, sealed the edges with caulk. I treated the wood walls with polyurethane, and also sealed the seams. Easy for cleaning, and the moisture has not damaged any of the wood.
Good luck!

Arizona Sulcata said:
I've put plastic and tarps down but they always seem to rip it out. Use a non-toxic water sealer and epoxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.