Does ur RT do this too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AiZAvictoria

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
ImageUploadedByTortForum1380153153.511845.jpg

I let her roam around the room sometimes and when she does, she just usually finds a corner and sleep.. Or goes under the bed in between my shoes..

Last edited by a moderator:

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Yep mine does too! He likes to find a corner to tuck into. But yesterday he plopped down right in the middle of the kitchen floor and decided it was nap time!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, except mind roams outside. When he is done roaming, he sticks his head in a corner or in his flower pot hide, but still with his head stuck into the side of it. Silly torts:D

Mrturtle527

5 Year Member
Northern California
Ok this might sound silly but do many of you let them roam around inside freely? I worry about losing them in my house and also if they poop... I have kids and other pets as well so I just wonder if they'd like it... But am trying to work out what to do for winter as I don't want to hibernate them yet.

Check us out on Facebook
www.facebook.com/mrturtle527

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum mobile app

Ok this might sound silly but do many of you let them roam around inside freely? I worry about losing them in my house and also if they poop... I have kids and other pets as well so I just wonder if they'd like it... But am trying to work out what to do for winter as I don't want to hibernate them yet.

Check us out on Facebook
www.facebook.com/mrturtle527

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum mobile app

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
It's supervised roaming at my house :) he has an indoor enclosure but I try to let him roam around once a day. I close all the bedroom and bathroom doors first and make sure my hubby and teenage daughter know he's out (so no one accidentally steps on him) and we keep an eye on him while he's out. I usually soak him first and he'll go poo at that time. I also have wood floors throughout most of my house so it's not too bad if he does go. but he must usually get it all out earlier in the day or when soaking because he rarely goes on my floor.

bextort

5 Year Member
Oh yes mine does too, the places I fin her when I return home from work. I have to go on a hunt for her.

She has the roam of our living room all day, sometimes night too if she's asleep and it's pretty warm. (She does go outside a lot too but supervised)
:)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I have a redfoot that roams my house freely also. He does the same thing. I know right where his sleeping spots are. Most of the time he is in my closet in the corner behind the clothes....

Irish

5 Year Member
Orlando Florida
Mine did that a lot indoors when I supervised his roaming. In his outdoor pen, they are often in their hide, but come out every time I call them to feed them, and are very active. I think once they know their domain, they don't hide so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.