Does Anyone Have a Female Texas Map Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
I've been searching high and low with no luck, I have two adult males from different bloodlines so i'm in dire straights now to find an adult female.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Not easy to come by. And you aren't close to the only one looking.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Bump

(I only know of a MS Map, gender unknown, needing rehoming. Which does not help you at all.) :-(
Good Luck!!!!

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
It's proving to be hard to find them and they are right in my backyard too...........smh

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
AustinASU said:
It's proving to be hard to find them and they are right in my backyard too...........smh

Yes, but doesn't Texas have limits on possess of G.versa?

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Yes the law says in texas for blacklisted animals that you can only have 6 of each species per person in household. I have three people living here so i can have 18 max.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
AustinASU said:
Yes the law says in texas for blacklisted animals that you can only have 6 of each species per person in household. I have three people living here so i can have 18 max.

Knew there was one, just couldn't remember what.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
AustinASU said:

I can see you posting ads now, need roommate so I can get more turtles lol. Good luck on the search if I come a crossed any ill shoot you a pm

TxTortMan

5 Year Member
Other than females that have been collected from the Colorado River I haven’t seen any for sale online or anywhere other than hatchlings. If you successfully breed them I would defiantly want one of the babies!!

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
TxTortMan said:
Other than females that have been collected from the Colorado River I haven’t seen any for sale online ...

Shame that some folks are still collecting. I believe that's prohibited.

TxTortMan

5 Year Member
It’s legal to collect them with a valid Texas hunting license, but yes a shame.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I have a male i got a while back and he is something else, but i got a hatchling a few months back and it's growing like a weed....it's a little too soon to tell if it's male or female i know they are faster to sex than most, but comparing head size the little ones head is way wider than my full grown male and the tail isn't thickening out...long but not thick....i'm guessing a female right now but again too small. I want to have two males for every female I can get. The males aren't so hard to come buy but the females are a true treasure. Hahaha yeah hey someone move in so i can have 24 lols. I'd like to get a full sized female now as my male is probably around 20yrs based on his size and wear on his shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.