Did someone mention the Tortoise and the Hare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
35106_443593511553_675966553_6051476_4308745_n.jpg

Dozer has been up to his usual antics lately. Again probably inspired by stories of the infamous 'Bob'...

He rammed my 8yr old in the back pretty hard. We were sitting there with his house moved and torn apart all over his yard. Ethan was just helping pull some nails and sitting in the grass. I warned him to not turn his back on Dozer, but the tort is sneaky like a ninja and Ethan never saw it coming. A small bruise is all...

Then we put my dogs in the pen for an hour while we were out. Don't recall why we left them as this was the first time they were alone in the pen while we were gone. Well, my white dog Tennyson is an escape artist and managed to get the latch open ... grrrrrrr... So when I got home, I found the dogs out of the yard, but the gate was closed. Couldn't figure out what happened. My neighbor walks over and explains... He looked out his window and noticed a long backup of traffic - VERY unusual for our street... Then he realized they were stopping for something in the road... A big tortoise! He knew right away it was mine and brought the 50lb tort back to the yard and shut the gate. He said people just stopped and staired like they were in shock to see such a sight :) So of course the dogs don't get to be put in there anymore... And I'm getting a better latch either way...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
That sounds just like a "Bob jr." story. Well you have to have excitement once in a while. :D Your poor son. Now I'm glad I stuck to a 12 inch 10 lb. Desert Tortoise. :p I love the picture of the rabbit on top of Dozer. [/b] I just hope he didn't drop that carrot or I don't think he would have got it back. ;)

chadk

10 Year Member!
Here is Dozer being a good tort and posing for a pic with a girl from one of our homeschool groups. He was a perfect gentletort for our guests.

38268_443593606553_675966553_6051485_7061742_n.jpg

But right after my wife put the rabbit on him for the pic... He decided she had crossed a line and took it out on her skirt!

34844_443593651553_675966553_6051487_4628689_n.jpg

So the rabbit and tort started as I decided to put our house bunny out in the front yard pen. Then I thought I'd bring out dozer for a quick pick. Wasn't long before I had all 7 kids, my wife, the new baby goat, a baby duckling, the rabbit, and the tort all in the pen....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You were lucky! Thank goodness for neighbors who are alert and in tune with the neighborhood!

chadk

10 Year Member!
Yeah, my neighbor is great. Has saved our bacon a few times in many ways. He's been like family since we moved in.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
he must have thought that was a flower, not a piece of skirt, I thought it was a hibiscus at first glance

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, I think it's pretty clear what Tennyson was up to...never has been able to move on since Dozer rammed him back in the fall..."Here, dude, follow me out this way, there's a great pile of weed delicacies just across the road...now you go on down that slope...see you, pal. I'll tell the folks not to wait up late!"

Tennyson the schemer! You should have known all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.