Decisions decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hey all,
I've had my heart set on a Sulcata and have been planning out my indoor enclosure for optimal growth and health. But there are still so many other tortoises I really adore and am interested in.
If I were to change my mind and wait on a Sulcata, but still wanted to get an equally beautiful and amazing but smaller tortoise, what tortoise would you all recommend?
I have a big house with plenty of room for building tort tables and enclosures, as well as pretty good sized yard. Thanks y'all [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
South African Leopard tortoise. Amazing personalities! They get somewhat large, but not nearly as large as a sulcata, and they tend to be a lot less destructive than a sulcata. No digging for example.

If you want something smaller, I love the russians and hermanns. Pancakes are cool too. If money isn't an issue, radiata are gorgeous.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ditto with Tom. Except either one of the variety of leopard. The southern ones to get bigger.

Oh, and the leopards require the same care as a sulcata. The best care for them is listed below in both mine and Toms post. They are actually Toms threads for raising smooth, healthy Sullies and leopards.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I third that notion. South African Leopards are simply hard to beat

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I have been reading up on leopards because they are so incredibly beautiful. Where would I find one?

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Thank y'all so much for you input and suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Status
Not open for further replies.